Applications for apprenticeship have been suspended until further notice.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Successful completion of one full year of high school or post high school algebra
• Live within the jurisdiction of the Local Union (all of Erie County, parts of Genesee, Wyoming and Cattaraugus counties)
• Successfully pass NJATC Aptitude Test
• Upon selection for apprenticeship, a pre-employment drug test is required.
The electrical construction trade requires work inside and outside in a variety of conditions, that is in all weather conditions. Also, in a variety of locations: manholes, roofs, inside buildings and in trenches, to name a few.
APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING PERIOD
Inside wireman apprenticeship is a 5-year apprenticeship as follows: Classroom related training at a minimum of 208 hours for 5 years and a total of 8,200 hours of on-the-job training (OJT).
RELATED INSTRUCTION AND METHOD
One to two nights per week from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. with additional nights or weekends as required for OSHA and other training. Classes commence in September and continue until the end of May
Hand tools, such as side cutters, diagonal cutters, tape measure, tool pouch, belt, etc. Total cost is approximately $249.00 and is the apprentice's responsibility.
CURRENT JOURNEYMAN RATE
$35.64 per hour
APPRENTICE WAGE PROGRESSION
• 1st Period - 1,000 hrs. OJT + school 37% of Journeyman Rate - $13.20/hr.
• 2nd Period - 1,000 - 2,000 hrs. OJT + school 40% of Journeyman Rate - $14.25/hr.
• 3rd Period - 2,000 - 3,500 hrs. OJT + school 45% of Journeyman Rate - $16.05/hr.
• 4th Period - 3,500 - 5,000 hrs. OJT + school 55% of Journeyman Rate - $19.60/hr.
• 5th Period - 5,000 - 6,500 hrs. OJT + school 70% of Journeyman Rate - $24.95/hr.
• 6th Period - 6,500 - 8,200 hrs. OJT + school 80% of Journeyman Rate - $28.50/hr.
ESTIMATED ANNUAL EARNINGS
*Estimates are based on 1,800 hours worked per year, which may vary from year to year.
FRINGE BENEFITS - EMPLOYER PAID
Annuity, Health, Pension, E. I. E. F. and N. E. B. F.
• Initiation fee - $262.00
• Quarterly Dues $128.10
Page Last Updated: May 18, 2020 (08:12:50)